Junior Key Account Manager in Barcelona
People with personality, interest in Digital Marketing and experience in a service oriented field with a high customer focus.
Backed by serial entrepreneurs participating in the founding teams of significant fund raising (100+ Million USD) and exits (high multiples), and backed by Venture Capital, our company is digitalizing the business world in the context of B2B transactions of goods that flow through increasingly complex global supply chains: a market over $20 trillion worth of goods — items we consume and eat every day.
We believe in raising the bar, especially the talent bar and we search for a Junior Key Account Manager, who is having additional experience in the field of technology customer-centric startup.
This position will provide the opportunity to work along a senior entrepreneur team with a great track record in product, growth, business development and really make your mark on a young business.
You are either analytical or creative, you are interested in technology and can naturally switch between detail-oriented execution, communication with all involved parties, and prioritization based on added value. You think big and want to change the way an entire industry operates!
We believe that for too long, the innovation and the startup world was seen as a niche event - especially in Europe. As Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, Airbnb are disrupting all major parts of the economy, this niche view gets proven wrong each time. From our point of view, this does not only imply a change for the “classic” companies, but also for startups and their founders: Customer Success must be integrated early in both building the founder team and the know-how.
The Junior Key Account Manager is responsible to drive customer adoption (including prospecting) and success within a defined set of customers. This individual should be comfortable at both consulting and negotiating with client key stakeholders up to C level executives, backed by a strong understanding of their business objectives. The CSM should possess strong application functional expertise, expertise in business application deployment cycles, as well as strong account management expertise. In this role, he/she will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with assigned Top Enterprise Customers delivering high value-added Account Management to ensure high level of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Lead and manage customer pilots. In these pilots, you will work with SMEs and large corporations (multi-billion € revenue), supporting C-level stakeholders
- Prospect new clients. Prospecting and setting up prospecting actions
- Lead implementation, training, and onboarding for new customers, working closely with the, product, User Experience, engineering and data teams. You will identify valuable short and medium-term objectives for the customer and deliver against them
- Lead and manage ongoing relationships with existing customers; keep an engaged and productive relationship with senior sponsors; build, train, and nurture a group of “core users,” working towards a self-sustained usage of our product within the customer’s regular course of business, while caring about the individual users’ objectives and personal success
- Act as the internal “voice of the customer” in collaboration with our Product team, while being tactically savvy, translating product obstacles into actionable, engineering-friendly development requests
- Engage in commercial activity, in collaboration with sales, developing rollout agreements with pilot customers as well as renewing and expanding our business relationships with existing customers
- Drive renewals to a successful completion in close collaboration with our Sales, Renewals teams and the customer’s stakeholders
- Frequent traveling to Spain, Netherlands, Germany and key markets in Europe, and attending conferences, fairs
- Love to interact with Business customers in traditional industries and work with them to digitalize them
What we offer:
- A once-in-a-lifetime international work and life experience
- A collegial, open-minded team with great members and a continuous exchange that will
- support you
- in your professional development
- Challenging and diverse tasks with an extremely steep learning curve
- Start-up atmosphere and spirit
- A compensation system that remunerates the quality and the result of your work and your commitment as well as providing further incentives
- Free fruits, and drinks
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Digital Marketing or relevant field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS or Mobile App customer success, management consulting or related analytical, consultative, client-facing fields. Candidates with pre-sales, post-sales, or consulting background will be considered
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand technical details while staying focused on business objectives
- Proven effectiveness managing an account portfolio of large, complex and strategic accounts at a senior level. Building and maintaining relationships at most senior levels with assigned accounts becoming a trusted advisor
- Process-oriented mindset, identifying recurring patterns and capitalizing on them by improving the ongoing process
- Proven experience driving customer retention initiatives, achieving high retention rates and customer satisfaction
- Strong management and leadership skills (you have managed at least 2-3 people for more than 2 years) as well as highly developed social and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ownership mindset demonstrating drive, initiative, energy and a sense of urgency
- Able to thrive in a small team with a highly dynamic work environment, switching rapidly from strategy to execution
- Team player, self-directed, tenacious
- Language: Dutch (on a native level), English (fluent), German (definitely a plus)
Option: Netherlands (work remotely from the Netherlands and travel to Barcelona periodically)
Competitive market price + incentives